Short story time: I went to SDM (Shopper’s Drug Mart for you non-Canadians) and the lovely lady checked my water/hydration levels and came up with a reading of 24. The normal is 40. She almost expired with shock as I am as bone dry as the desert. Makes for a fun time in the dry winters, let me tell ya. Moisturizing becomes my second job!
Anyways, I digress. The topic on hand is what I do to replenish the moisture in my skin. In addition to serums and moisturizers, I do like to treat my face a couple times a week to a lovely sleeping mask. Here are my thoughts on my most recent ones:
Sephora Rose Sleeping Mask (CAD 5.00 0.27 oz)
- there is enough product in the package for 2 applications
- thin gel consistency
- a warm, almost burning sensation upon application. Difficult to explain but not unpleasant
- in the morning, my skin was left feeling hydrated and soft
- I washed off the excess with water and applied a very light layer of moisture
- no adverse side effects such as over night breakouts etc.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask (CAD 30.00 2.7 oz)
- gel consistency (slightly wetter than the Sephora mask)
- slight cooling sensation upon application but that dissipates almost immediately
- feels very hydrating (face as smooth as a baby’s bottom, people)
- more residue remaining the next morning that also needs to be washed off
- no issues with skin after using this mask
- if used in conjunction with the serum, it is an almighty combo = love
Basically, I love both of them, but I love the Laneige mask a teensy bit more. The Sephora mask is perfect for those that mask once in a while and the Laneige mask is for those, like myself, who have incorporated masking into their weekly (or multiple times a week) routine.
What are your favourite overnight masks? I would love some suggestions!