Big, bold and bushy.
Now now, get your mind out of the gutter, I’m talking about eyebrows! (Sorry, I have a filthy sense of humour 😀 )
Whether you’re into the clean and defined Instagram brow, or the wild and imperfect editorial look, we can all agree that brows are the frame for one’s face and eyeshadow.
I’ll be discussing 3 very good options at differing price points in this post today.
Similarities (/and benefits of MMB):
- same colour (cool toned dark brown)
- equally well at filling in the brows (even precisely at points where there is minimal hair)
- fantastic longevity
- no flaking or movement throughout the day
- GB has a smaller brush and more fibres
- MMB is slightly less moussey
Yes, the GB brush is still the best in the business, but the MBB brush is not much bigger. Therefore, I call this a straight up dupe and I don’t think i will purchase Gimme Brow again, when Make Me Brow is available and for so much less.
L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Gel Mascara (CAD 10.96)
- bigger brush than either Essence or Benefit
- lots of fibers
- slightly more liquidy/wet formula
- more care needs to be taken during application as it is easy to get the product onto the skin due to the size of the brush
- very long lasting but can sometimes give the brows a stiff feeling (to the touch)
All three of these products are amazing, so pick whichever one is easiest to get your hands on. I’ll be sticking with the Essence MBB due to the price point but I love L’Oreal as well. No reason to spend 30 bucks on a brow product anymore! Furthermore, these are perfect for when I’m in a rush as I don’t have to fill in my brows with a pencil first. Although I do love the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer…but that’s a review for another day.