This is going to be a 2-in-1 kind of post, so grab a beverage of your choice and settle in for a read.
Part 1: Flattering Makeup for Hooded Eyes
I love a blown out, smoked out look just as much as the next gal because they’re super easy to accomplish and they look amazing on Instagram. However, i recently got to thinking whether or not this technique was the most flattering for my slightly hooded eyes. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got plenty of lid space in comparison to some people but I’ve got quite a heavy brow-bone so it acts like a hooded eye.
A few days ago, this tutorial popped up in my YouTube feed and I was blown away by how beautiful it looked. I had to modify it to fit my eye shape, but the gist of the smokey cat-eye is there. To be honest, it’s been a while since I did this look and when I’m writing this post, so I’ve forgotten some of the eye products that I used. However, I’ll do my best to talk you through this technique below.
- Mac Face & Body Foundation C5
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer Medium
- LA Girl Pro Conceal Pure Beige/Creamy Beige
- Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit
- Milani Romantic Rose blush
- Becca Opal
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Inglot eyeshadow
- Makeup Forever eyeshadow
- Morphe Spice eyeshadow
- Makeup Geek Corrupt eyeshadow
- Stilazzi eyeshadow
- Pixi by Petra black Endless Silky Eye Pen(cil)
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash
- Pür Minerals Lip Lure Fiery
How – To
- Tape the outer edges of the eye for a crisper line.
- Sweep your transition shade all through the crease.
- Apply a darker shade in the outer v.
- With your eye open, buff black shadow in the shape of a liner. When your eyes are closed, it will look like the beginnings of a soft cut-crease, but when the eyes are open it serves as a liner/cat-eye look. This elongates the eye and flatters the face, while decreasing the look of the ‘hood’ in a hooded eye.
PÜR Minerals Lip Lure
Longevity: I have the shade Fiery and it is a long lasting, comfortable lip product. It has a shine and therefore does transfer, but the colour remains behind as it slightly stains the lips. It does not feather (as long as you don’t touch your lips or eat messily) and the applicator makes it easy to apply. However, for darker colours you might need a lip brush for optimum precision.I’d thoroughly recommend it (and the other shades).