This is just a quick blogpost to show how I turned a colourful daytime look into a very much ‘unwearable’ painting inspired look. I was just thinking of brushstrokes and pastels and soft watercolours, and then BA-BAM, an injection of vibrant oils into the canvas to cause a little chaos. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, but I’ll list the products below (and any accompanying reviews) if you’d like to check ’em out and see the method to my madness.
The Wind Beneath My Colourful Wings
- Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer Medium/Tan
- LA Girl Pro Conceal Medium Beige
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette (Diffused Light under the eyes + t-zone, Dim Light all over the rest of the face, Mood Exposure to make me blush and pull the whole look together)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Morphe Spice (blending out), Fiesta (gradient between Corrupt and Spice)
- Makeup Geek Corrupt (crease)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Jumbo Crayon Blamed Blue (lid/wing)
- Inglot 33 (inner portion of the eye)
- Makeup Forever D316 (tearduct)
- Kat Von D Lolita Lip Duo (Lolita I all over the lips with Lolita II right in the centre) *review coming soon!
- Makeup Forever D316 (lightly patted onto the centre of the lips)
From Playful to Painting
It’s amazing what something so minute as a change in facial expression can do to a photo. The angle, the colours and the expression all add up to create the mood of a picture. The rest is all left up to interpretation.
Photo #1 is all soft, hazy, blended watercolours…
- Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette
- Urban Decay Electric Palette
- eBay Flash Palette imagic
Just a bit of creativity to liven up the week. Watch out for some more exciting reviews coming soon!