What if Princess Belle was Indian and therefore known as Maharani Belle? I’d like to imagine she’d have looked a little like this…
This was actually the look I wore to my university graduation formal and let me tell you – I felt hella fabulous! Who doesn’t love getting all dressed up and feeling like a princess?
My lovely lengha was a gift given during my (relatively) recent visit to Delhi. However my mom painstakingly sewed it together (the blouse from scratch, and the skirt almost so) and I think she did an amazing job! My necklace and earrings were from a beach side fair in Portugal and the bangles were from Delhi.
Maharani Belle’s Makeup
I did not want to go too ‘Indian Bridal’ inspired with my makeup because I thought that would be a bit much for a university formal, especially considering my lengha was fairly eye-catching already. However, one can never go wrong with a classic winged liner and red lip, and so this is my little twist on that in order to incorporate aspects of the outfit into my makeup!
- LA Girl Pro Conceal Medium Beige
- NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil Sable
- Milani Romantic Rose blush
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear (crease); Shimma Shimma (lid)
- Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum Pen
- Jordana Cat Eye Liner 07 Suede (mid upper liner)
- Urban Decay Perversion liner (tightline/waterline + smudged lower lashline)
- Urban Decay Electric Palette Urban (mid lower lashline)
- Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon Poppy Nude (base/liner)
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Poppy