Target is sadly leaving Canada…although, if I’m being honest, I did not shop there much anyways because they had stocking issues. But I digress, while Target had many faults, its positive points were that it sold American brands such as Sonia Kashuk and Pixi by Petra (and NYX, e.l.f, etc). The point I’m trying to make is that, because Target is trying to get rid of all their stock, I got these items for 95% off! It was practically a steal.
Sonia Kashuk Quad in ‘Bronze Beauty‘
Top Left: pale champagne gold. Satin finish.
Top Right: medium tone, warm gold. Satin finish.
Bottom Left: not so much a shadow as a glitter. Not pigmented enough for a brush, must be used by patting on with a finger.
Bottom Right: Dark brown shadow with gold glitter suspended within it. The glitter does show up on the eye (but faintly). Satin finish.
This quad is fabulous. 3/4 shades are smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. The one glitter shade is a pain in the a** but I can make I can make it work if I try.
Pixi by Petra (Pixi Beauty) Fairy Light Solo No. 7 ‘Cocoa Haze‘
For a boring ol’ brown, this is actually quite pretty (when used in conjunction with other things of course! It’s matte for all intents and purposes but the barest sheen. I’d describe it as a brown with a hint of taupe. It kicks up powder in the pan, but it’s very pigmented and blends like a dream with a lovely silky formula.
Sonia Kashuk Ultra Luxe Gloss ‘Coveted Coral 34‘
Long story short, I was not too impressed by this product. By itself, it is very sheer, and on top of other products it looks good (especially in photos) but it is fairly thick and has a medium stickiness/tackiness. I much prefer my NYX Butter Glosses.
Face of the Day
- Mac Face & Body foundation
- Essence blush Life’s A Cherry
- Essence All About Matt powder
- NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner pencil Sable
- Milani eyeshadow primer
- Pixi Cocoa Haze has a base and for blending and in the outer v of the eye
- Sonia Kashuk quad Bronzed Beauty
- From the Quad: Top left in the tear duct, top right on the moving portion of the eye, bottom right in the outer v and bottom left (glitter) patted on the middle of the lid
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick Blamed Blue
- Essence I
- Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious
- Sonia Kashuk Ultra Luxe Gloss in Coveted Coral 34